EDC Las Vegas Stage Catches Fire

Facebook
Twitter
Email

EDC Las Vegas Stage Catches Fire

It might seem the concept of setting the stage on “fire” might have been taken a tad too literally.

One person was injured when a prop on one of the stages at Electric Daisy Carnival, caught fire during night 2 of the dance festival. The incident happened at around 2:40am during Andy C‘s set, when one of the structures surrounding the bassPOD stage caught fire. While these structures are themselves armed with pyro cannons, no one’s sure how the structure by itself caught fire.

Fortunately, no one was seriously injured by the fire, save for one stage worker who was later treated for mild burns. Meanwhile, Andy C continued to put forth a series of powerful outputs without hesitation as the flames were extinguished, but then had to end his set shortly afterward.

According to Clark County Fire Chief Greg Cassell, a propane-fueled pyrotechnic device failed and ignited parts of the stage and the surrounding speakers. Stage workers tried to extinguish the fire, but were unsuccessful. Firefighters quickly brought it under control, preventing it from spreading.

A few fans were able to capture the fire –

more features

Facebook
Twitter
Email